cognism

cognism

cognism

5/5

"Our close rate at the beginning of the year was around 20%  and now we're at 30% across the team, thanks to the practical lessons our AEs learnt on the Managing the Complete Sales Cycle course. Overall that's a 50% increase!"

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 12.26.21
Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 12.26.21

the company

Cognism is the world’s best all-in-one globally compliant prospecting solution – a B2B sales and marketing lead generation platform providing B2B revenue teams with the solutions they need to drive predictable lead generation and improve conversions across all engagements. In January 2020 we were listed by G2 as Winter Leader and noted as one of LinkedIn’s hottest UK startups in September 2020.’

Cognism is the world’s best all-in-one globally compliant prospecting solution – a B2B sales and marketing lead generation platform providing B2B revenue teams with the solutions they need to drive predictable lead generation and improve conversions across all engagements. In September 2019 we were noted as one of Linkedln’s hottest UK startups and listed by G2 as Winter Leader in January 2020.

Size of team: 42
Fundraising round: $5m raised in equity finance
ARR: $2.5m

size of team: 9

Fundraising round:
series b

ARR: $13m

the challenge

Everyone in our Account Executives (AE) team starts off in the Sales Development Representative (SDR) function, so the people who are, moving across to the AE roles often have only one year’s experience and are relatively new to sales. As we are growing so rapidly, we didn’t have the bandwidth to create internal development programs.

 

We needed to find a learning and development provider in B2B sales to:

Everyone in our Account Executives (AE) team starts off in the Sales Development Representative (SDR) function, so the people who are, moving across to the AE roles often have only one year’s experience and are relatively new to sales. As we are growing so rapidly, we didn’t have the bandwidth to create internal development programs.

 

We needed to find a learning and development provider in B2B sales to:

• Support us as we rapidly scale across the B2B sales team all year round

• Give SDRs moving to the AE role the best sales education possible, to get them
to full productivity in the quickest time

• Give AE’s across the board the knowledge required to execute their job
to the best of their ability

• Provide our team members the foundations they need to progress in their chosen career

• Support us as we rapidly scale across the B2B sales team all year round

• Give SDRs moving to the AE role the best sales education possible, to get them
to full productivity in the quickest time

• Give AE’s across the board the knowledge required to execute their job
to the best of their ability

• Provide our team members the foundations they need to progress in their chosen career

why sales impact academy?

why sales impact academy?

“The courses are incredibly focused and specialize around SaaS: it’s therefore very transferable. About 85% of the content taught were practical teachings that we could put into practice.”

“This content is “plug and play” – easy to understand and does not require a lot of time and effort in order to implement effectively. We were able to make specific courses compulsory for our AE’s throughout the working day. The content is that valuable and easy to jump into.”

“The courses are incredibly focused and specialize around SaaS: it’s therefore very transferable. About 85% of the content taught were practical teachings that we could put into practice.”

“This content is “plug and play” – easy to understand and does not require a lot of time and effort in order to implement effectively. We were able to make specific courses compulsory for our AE’s throughout the working day. The content is that valuable and easy to jump into.”

why sales impact academy?

“The courses are incredibly focused and specialize around SaaS: it’s therefore very transferable. About 85% of the content taught were practical teachings that we could put into practice.”

“This content is “plug and play” – easy to understand and does not require a lot of time and effort in order to implement effectively. We were able to make specific courses compulsory for our AE’s throughout the working day. The content is that valuable and easy to jump into.”

the impact

“Our close rate at the beginning of the year was around 20% and now we’re at 30% across the team, thanks to the practical lessons our AEs learned on the Managing the Complete Sales Cycle course. Overall that’s a 50% increase!”

“Our close rate at the beginning of the year was around 20% and now we’re at 30% across the team, thanks to the practical lessons our AEs learned on the Managing the Complete Sales Cycle course. Overall that’s a 50% increase!”

jonathon ilett

Sales Director at Cognism

jonathon ilett

Sales Director at Cognism

Jon Ilett

“Our close rate at the beginning of the year was around 20% and now we’re at 30% across the team, thanks to the practical lessons our AEs learned on the Managing the Complete Sales Cycle course. Overall that’s a 50% increase!”

jonathon ilett

Sales Director at Cognism

“SIA has also set the foundation for new people: It has reduced ramp time when moving into the AE role from SDR, which has been really really powerful. We’ve had people who have taken the course hitting full quota within two months, where previously they’ve taken three to four months. If you extrapolate a two-month increase to full productivity across 20 people moving to the AE role over the coming 12-18 months, for example, we will create an extra 40 months (or just over three years) of increased full quota selling time without changing our cost base. We have also been able to completely revolutionize how we do proposals. Our process for creating proposals is now so much more metrics focused. The ROI just from that one session alone is worth it.”

“SIA has also set the foundation for new people: It has reduced ramp time when moving into the AE role from SDR, which has been really really powerful. We’ve had people who have taken the course hitting full quota within two months, where previously they’ve taken three to four months. If you extrapolate a two-month increase to full productivity across 20 people moving to the AE role over the coming 12-18 months, for example, we will create an extra 40 months (or just over three years) of increased full quota selling time without changing our cost base. We have also been able to completely revolutionize how we do proposals. Our process for creating proposals is now so much more metrics focused. The ROI just from that one session alone is worth it.”

“We’ve had new-to-role AEs on the course hitting full quota within 2 months where previously they’ve taken three to four.”

“We’ve had new-to-role AEs on the course hitting full quota within 2 months where previously they’ve taken three to four.”

jonathon ilett

Sales Director at Cognism

“SIA has also set the foundation for new people: It has reduced ramp time when moving into the AE role from SDR, which has been really really powerful. We’ve had people who have taken the course hitting full quota within two months, where previously they’ve taken three to four months. If you extrapolate a two-month increase to full productivity across 20 people moving to the AE role over the coming 12-18 months, for example, we will create an extra 40 months (or just over three years) of increased full quota selling time without changing our cost base. We have also been able to completely revolutionize how we do proposals. Our process for creating proposals is now so much more metrics focused. The ROI just from that one session alone is worth it.”

“We’ve had new-to-role AEs on the course hitting full quota within 2 months where previously they’ve taken three to four.”

jonathon ilett

Sales Director at Cognism

want to book a demo?

sales
education
as a service

All our courses repeat on
average four times year,
perfect for onboarding or
designing individual learning
journeys for your team.